FaceBook Group designed to discuss RAD issues and share tips!





Check out the discussion forum on our Facebook Group RADical Insight



If you wan to chat privately, email me at bl.merrifield@gmail.com


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Break the Silence

It has been a month since I have blogged. I went from daily to nothing. I have been in a funk. No other explanation other than blah. I felt alone. I still do. Stupid that as a RAD mom kicking butt and healing with my sons while being the perfect Betty Crocker dinner mom, sports mom, etc, etc, etc, I lost myself. I felt like I had no one to reach out too. All these new found Internet friends that live my life everyday as I do and I refused to reach. I would rather sit alone and feel defeated and sad than reach for someone to talk too. Stupid, I know but I think we all get that way sometime. I have a support group unlike any other, they are real and although we have never met, we will.




So this blah "poor me" has taken over me. Most of you reading this have never met me. Those of you that do know me know that "poor me" is NOT something I do. It is not only out of the ordinary, it is scary to see me being raw and showing emotion. I am the rock for the family, everyone cries to me. I fix, I show, I do.




Damn RAD.




So last night I started getting emails from the RAD moms I was going to be bunking with in Orlando. Thank you Corey Waters for being amazing. This trip, those emails, they came exactly when I needed them. I have to start learing to accept the fact that "I need" other people. I don't feel sorry for me today. I have something fun to look forward too. The girls in my house have been sharing emails telling about themselves, their families, their kids, being honest and open and I found that refreshing and exciting.




So to all the moms out there that do feel alone, don't. Call me, email me, call a friend or send them an email...or be really crazy, find a lady on the internet that you have never met before and cyberstalk her til she starts telling you the secrets of being a RAD mom. That's how I started. (Thanks Christine)

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better today. RAD can kick your butt when you least expect it. Hugs to you! (Glad you have the retreat to look forward to and plan a break for yourself. Enjoy it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. We all feel alone sometimes, but I promise you, you are not. Enjoy your mini-support group! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back! You've been missed here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back. I missed hearing from you.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete