FaceBook Group designed to discuss RAD issues and share tips!





Check out the discussion forum on our Facebook Group RADical Insight



If you wan to chat privately, email me at bl.merrifield@gmail.com


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So maybe I was quiet because it was October!

October....HALLOWEEN....traumaversary! Boo! It was pretty scary alright. This was a scary holiday for RAD. For starters Angel-fish (caveman below) was at his dad's house for the weekend so we had to trick or treat with my ex. I doubt I have to elaborate on the fun that is. Also, not such a good situation for my RAD. We keep RAD (the illness) away from extended family. A warm reception is not really any option there. Best left quiet. They just think he is "special". Let them think that. (can you hear the sarcasm and disgust pooling from my fingers?)


Cat, RAD (Dracula) was hyped up to the max the entire month of October. We went from the 2nd anniversary for the adoption (late in September) into candy, people, scary things, bad dreams, monsters, gonna get me.... You all get the idea. The actual trick or treat was one panic after another. His little body was so tight, so intense. I held his hand most of the night. I was not sure if he would run off or fight. He has been known to do both.


Puppy (cowboy), this kid is too cute for words huh? Can I get a 'passive aggressive RAD holla?' WHOOP Whoop! This little guy has enjoyed October. He has used it to torment Cat behind everyone's back and laugh. See Puppy finds it to be very funny. He has been downright mean.


Sometimes they can't help themselves. They really are cute.


When they are sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back blogging. I completely understand when it just becomes too much to even deal with. But we pick ourselves up and soldier on. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete