FaceBook Group designed to discuss RAD issues and share tips!





Check out the discussion forum on our Facebook Group RADical Insight



If you wan to chat privately, email me at bl.merrifield@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Attaching with Actions

Despite the absolute silly way my face looks and the fact that I almost always use pics of my children that you can only see their backs, let the photo dwell on you. I am dancing......with my RAD.



Three months ago this touch and this closeness would have been an impossible feat. We have spent countless hours in therapy and with shrinks it almost seems unreal. Although we have a great therapist that is understanding of RAD, the way I parent and the obstacles that we have undergone, it is the progress that we have made that calls for celebration. The simple fact that we are touching, allowing someone to photo it and although you cannot see his face he looked at me and laughed through the entire exercise. Silly games I had to first start with his brothers to get him to trust but it worked. He actually requests to dance with me now. I don't dare turn him away. No matter how tired or beat down I feel there is always time for dancing!
*
We have had a rough past few weeks. Thanksgiving--TRAUMA, family visiting--TRAUMA, Christmas looming--TRAUMA! Whew! It has been one melt, one fight, one battle over and over ad nauseum lately.
*
I have so much to share with my sisters in March during the retreat.
*
It seems that everyday I feel happy, sad, full, scared, anxious, and hopeful all at the same time. I have no doubt I am a walking contradiction but I push through. Moments like this bring me hope. Chatting with a fellow RAD mom and being her crutch give me hope. I know the holidays are trauma filled but try for just a small second to find your hope. Sometimes mine is as small as seeing a good deed, having my dog run to the front door to greet me, listening to my children breathe when they sleep......and sometimes dancing.

1 comment:

  1. YOU WIN!! :) email me directly (my profile page, left side bar has an email link) with your snail mail addy and they'll be in the mail tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete