FaceBook Group designed to discuss RAD issues and share tips!





Check out the discussion forum on our Facebook Group RADical Insight



If you wan to chat privately, email me at bl.merrifield@gmail.com


Monday, March 7, 2011

Man I miss Orlando 2011!

I am quite certain words cannot describe what I felt and experienced this weekend. Talk about a support group! Now that some of you know me pretty well my blogging and ehem "adjectives" will make more sense.

*


I have 101 things I could blog on today but we will keep it simple.

*

For the ladies that are headed to the midwest retreat that read this blog I want you to know a few things that I miss about my Orlando Soul Sisters.

*
I miss your faces. I miss the scream singing hoping you will wake me up to chat, I miss the climbing over bodies on the floor to get to bed, I miss getting lost and not panicking about it, I miss the tip toeing around like kids, I miss the divas hulla hooping in highheels :), I miss the long talks, I miss the hugs and sincerity that were endless when someone broke down, I miss the laughs, the compassion, the touch, the true feelings I saw, the gigglefests that lasted forever, I miss being surrounded by people that "got it" and "got me"........and yes I miss the raccoons and armadillos. For the record they are not friendly....some of us learned the hard way :)

*

I seriously felt a part of my heart breaking when I left. For the ones that I left it in their hand....Take care of it it can be fragile.

*

It took a lot for some of us to venture to a place we did not know, meet people we did not know and risk letting other people in to see the real us. WOW! We are all hypocrites! Go ahead and say it with me...I AM A HYPOCRITE! We would never in a million years let our kids meet people online and get on a plane and travel hours and hours to stay with these strangers! We are some crazy women and I love it! I am so blessed that we all made the jump.

*
You are all amazing and I hope you know that. I did not meet one mom this weekend that I could not relate too. Some of you are holding so much. You are my heros, my friends, my soul. My wish for you is that you see yourself the way we see you. If you could understand what we see when we look at you....simply breathtaking.
****
And seriously can someone explain to me why I still can't look Christine or Corey in the face when they speak to me? All I can do is giggle and try and not look like a fool! I can't call them without psyching myself up first and then trying to pass the phone to someone else to make the call! I "thought" I was a grown up! They are such little deities in our world! (much, much love for you two!)

11 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO glad you all had such a great time!

    We're so looking forward to the May retreat in Utah. I'm going to be opening up another house here in just a bit. If you missed Orlando, you've got a second chance! The in person sisterhood of other moms who get it is truly amazing. There really are no other words to describe it. You won't regret making the sacrifice to make it happen!

    http://goldtorefine.blogspot.com/p/2011-crazy-drama-mamas-retreat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, I so know what you mean about not being able to talk to Christine and Corey without getting all little girl shy. I met Corey in person and I can only describe it as like meeting a rock star! I often talk myself out of even commenting on their blog. Silly silly me.

    I am so glad you had a great time and I wish you long lasting joy from your experience.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to spend one day, but it left me wanting more, more, more! I think I heard someone say you are in Florida? There seemed to be a bunch of us Floridians! Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B, I couldn't look YOU in the face and would get all nervous.

    Oh wait, but that's cause you have an awesome rack. ;)

    My heavenly hooch (which is very heavenly this morning - I showered) it was so amazing to finally meet you. Please come bug me on Facebook. I'll be in an airport all day, bored out of my mind. I'm sure you'll be scratching your butt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so funny. Sorry if I poked your eyes out Christine. I am in love with the fact that I will never um ever have to wear a bra ;)

    @ Last Mom-I live in Niceville (seriously stop laughing) North Florida and I have figured out I am 7 hours from some of the Orlando area chics.

    Mini reunion?

    @ Diana-it is a MUST! Please use my blog as much as possible. I am going to post yours out as well to get other trauma mamas involved. Meeting my Orlando crew was by far the best thing that I could have done for myself!

    One last thing....Christine I hope you were serious about the "come sleep on my floor" comment. I am SO planning a trip to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandy you have touched my life is a great way. I'm so glad that you had to climb over me to get into bed while in Orlando then stay up and talk for a while after you got in bed. ou are a wonderful person please never forget that. You can do what ever you put your mind to and will do great things. I'm here for you when ever you need something. love you much!! I'm so glad that I got to meet you. I wish that you did not have to leave early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandy I so loved meeting you for the whole 30 seconds we got to spend together in the driveway. You are adorable!
    ps, investigate depilatories, they melt the hair off your legs. Much better than shaving under the hose on the side of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no words...You are the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, my name is Tara and I am a hypocrite! A hypocrite that loves you simply for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. was so great to meet you, Brandy!!!!

    ReplyDelete