FaceBook Group designed to discuss RAD issues and share tips!





Check out the discussion forum on our Facebook Group RADical Insight



If you wan to chat privately, email me at bl.merrifield@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Say it Don't Spray It~yet another rendition of PEE


This is one topic that I am really sick of blogging about. However, it must be necessary because I am still struggling with it and I have met a LOT of moms still trying to quell the little pee monster. Parenting a child of trauma is hard enough without having to smell it. Here we are yet again and I will use my experience to hopefully (I really mean that) help someone else get over the pee issue quicker.


*


I am an obsessive compulsive cleaner. I will not apologize. It is what I am. I fully understand that having an immaculate house will NEVER be the case again and I don't get my feathers ruffled about it. Truth be told I am the ONLY one in the house that desires a clean environment (ok well my hubbs likes one too but he is not near as picky as I am). That being said, clean is good. Dirty is bad. (I am using my best Sesame Street voice just for you). Dirty smells are the worst!


*


My children are preparing for a fun excursion with my hubbs. They are going fishing. We will discuss the BIG feelings that emerge after a fun day later. Right now....pee. Kids leaving means mom can dive into her obsession and feel like her house is clean. We all relax in our own way. Mine may seem weird to you. I requested that all children pick up anything laying on their floors to include the comforter that was thrown off when they woke up. I was going to sprinkle some smell goods and vacuum. I told them that I would not pick anything up off their floors. (they knew this without me telling them)


*


Kids gone....check. Hubbs gone.....check. Music full blast...check.



Mom all alone....CHHEECCKK!!



*


The rooms looked good. Things off the floors and ready for smelly goodness. Oh wait. Nope, not all rooms. My oldest RAD had things strategically placed on his floor. DOH! No smell goods. I closed the door and went about my business. The house smelled awesome!


*


Family returns, dinner done, pajamas on, time for bed.


*


"Hey I noticed that your floor was not picked up when I went to lay the smell goods and vacuum. You may have forgotten and that's ok. I am curious. I need some help. You know how I smell like baby powder and sometimes sweet vanilla? That is from my perfume and my deodorant but my skin kind of smells the same. I was thinking everyone has smells that they really like. It makes them happy. Mine is warm vanilla and baby powder. Maybe yours is pee. It makes sense. So, next time I am going to clean the floors you just let me know you like the smell in your room like it is by closing your door and leaving things on your floor like today. Mom is pretty busy and sometimes she needs help so thank you."


*


The child was baffled. Jaw dropped. Confused. (happy dance in my head but not showing it) He walked off to his room to go to bed still bewildered. "But I don't like the smell of pee...."
*
***
(image used with permission Shure Clean Carpet Systems, Inc.)

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! We have revenge of the pee monsters at our house, too. I so don't love pee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey love love this! :) So thankful mine are just occasional bed wetters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... my captcha was simmurin like some urin?? LMAO! What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know, after reading this MK wet her bed Monday night (TOTALLY my fault... I forgot to wake her and take her to potty). So Monday afternoon we're cleaning up the room, taking out old sheet putting on new, and I said, "Did any pillows get wet?" and she said "No!" So I just nicely replied... "Oh sweetie, I wasn't asking for myself, I was just not sure if you liked the pee smell to be on your pillows... if you like it we will just leave the pillows, NO PROBLEM!" So she took a sniff and went and threw them away. So THANK YOU! :)

    Swear to goodness... my captcha is escalat this time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Quacken Baby-AWESOME!! I am sorry you had to deal with the pee monster but seriously?! Did you kid not just get the "are you sick or what?" look! I love it.

    I am convinced my kids think I have lost my marbles!

    BTW-room still smells :( BLEH!

    ReplyDelete